There are so many choices out there that it can be hard to know what might work for you, what is safe or effective, and what you should avoid. Let's talk about family chiropractic.
For those who may not know, it is a type of chiropractic that focuses on the family as a unit. The entire family goes to their doctor for care, no matter what is going on or how long they've been having symptoms. This may sound strange at first – but it can be helpful for some people. It is a great way to address chronic complaints. If your child is having stomach pain or your spouse has been dealing with migraines for years, the entire family can go to their doctor at once. This can help because it means that nobody misses appointments and you are not stopping the treatment of one person just so another can receive care.
Doing chiropractic care ensures that everyone gets the care that they need, and it works to improve the family as a whole. If your spouse is feeling better, maybe you'll have more energy throughout the day. If your child is sleeping through the night because of his or her chiropractic adjustments, or if their stomach has improved because of their treatments, then you are going to have an easier time as well. Overall, chiropractic can help everyone to live their lives with less pain and more comfort.
What Are The Benefits?
When it comes to family care, there are many benefits that you can enjoy. The biggest ones include:
- Equalized Energy Levels – If one person is suffering, everyone will suffer. But when everyone gets their adjustments and you all live life at the same levels of health, then nobody has to bear an unfair amount of the burden.
- Improved Sleep – This is something that everyone can benefit from, even older children who are prone to nightmares or restless nights. When your body is healthier and in better alignment, you will all be able to sleep more soundly with fewer disturbances.
- Improved Moods And Energy Levels – Whether you are feeling under the weather or you feel tired all of the time, this is something that affects the entire family. When your body is healthier and in better alignment, you will be able to live life at a more even pace with fewer mood swings or dips in energy levels.
- Fewer Sick Days – When everyone has regular care, you are all healthier. This means that fewer people are sick at one time, which will mean fewer missed days of school or work.
Chiropractic can also help people who are having problems with the alignment of their spine, even if they're not experiencing symptoms. There's evidence that regular adjustments might be helpful for both adults and children, possibly reducing the risk of injury or accident. It may also improve the health of your spine and nervous system.
To get the full benefits of chiropractic care, you'll need to visit us regularly (usually once or twice per week). Most people have a regular schedule of care that they return to on a weekly or biweekly basis. It's up to us to decide what the best course of action is for you and your family.
There are many different treatments available for your family. We are going to recommend the best course of action, but here are some of the most common:
- Spinal Adjustments – This is a treatment where we will use our hands and arms on your spine and back. With gentle pressure, we will use your body's weight to help reset your spine and remove any blockages that might be causing you problems.
- Soft Tissue Work – Sometimes a problem with your spine can cause a problem somewhere else in the body. If this happens, then we may recommend working on the tendons or soft tissues around the problem area to remove the blockage.
- Nutritional Counseling – This is a great tool for kids, as most of them don't like eating vegetables or drinking water! We,your chiropractor will talk to you about what foods you should eat and give your child nutritional supplements that they can take on their own.
- Spinal Decompression – This is a treatment that we might recommend if you have problems with disc compression or herniated discs. It's also helpful for dealing with other forms of nerve pressure, like sciatica pain. We will use spinal decompression equipment to gently stretch out your spine and ensure that there are no areas where bones or discs are pressing on nerves.
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation – If you play sports, then there's a good chance that you will be injured at some point during the season. We, your family chiropractor, might recommend this type of rehab if we feel that your injury is serious enough and can help get you back into the game quickly.
- Nutrition Counseling – We may recommend this type of counseling if we feel that you are not eating well enough for your body's needs. We will also work with you to create a diet plan and provide you with supplements so that your body gets the nutrients it needs every day.
- Physical Rehabilitation – If you have a problem with a joint or a muscle after an injury, then we can recommend physical rehabilitation so that you can heal. This might include stretching exercises, massage, and more.
In some cases, you will work with several of these treatments at one time to help get your body back into alignment as quickly as possible. It's up to us to decide which ones are best for you at the time, but we will make sure that you get the types of care you need!
Why would I go to family chiropractic care?
Because chiropractic care is a safe and natural treatment, it can help you in so many ways. It might even save your life one day, because when you have your spine in alignment, then everything else in your body is also working well.
Here are some possible reasons:
1) Family Issues – If there's a problem in the family, it's important to take everyone in the family into account when finding the best solution. For example, if one person is dealing with back pain, you might need to consult with chiropractic care for the entire family.
2) Injury Recovery – If someone in your family is dealing with an injury, then they must go to a medical facility that provides physical rehabilitation and other types of treatment. You can't heal if your spine or back are not in alignment, and we can help you get back to full strength as quickly as possible.
3) General Health – If someone in the family is not feeling well, then they might benefit from monthly chiropractic care or taking nutritional supplements that can help strengthen their immune system. You never know when an illness will strike!
4) Sports Injuries – If someone in the family is involved with sports, then they will most likely end up dealing with a sports injury at some point during the season. This can be a very frustrating and time-consuming problem, but it must be treated before you can return to your sport. We could help eliminate all of your pain and get you back on the field as soon as possible.
If your family is dealing with any of these issues, there's a good chance that they will benefit from family chiropractic care! We can treat all members of the family for different problems, so it's important to visit us regularly.
Is It Safe For The Whole Family?
Yes, because chiropractic care is a natural form of treatment that has no side effects. It's a gentle way to get all members of your family back into alignment and feeling great, so it's worth considering if you're not sure what type of health care to choose! Just be sure to spend some time looking for the right doctor to visit.
Your chiropractor should have the proper training, license, and experience to help you heal quickly.
If your family is dealing with an injury or some other health issue, don't wait until it gets worse. Instead, take action right away so that you can start living a healthy life again! Drs. Jeremy & Jennifer Bischoff will work with you every step of the way to make sure that you are always in alignment and feeling great.
We hope we’ve given you some insights into how chiropractic care can help your family members. If you would like to learn more, please visit our office at NorthStar Family Chiropractic in Woodbury MN. for an appointment today!